Study Recruitment: The PACIFIC Study
Join the PACIFIC Study: Exercise and Educational Programs for Older Adults with Knee Arthritis
This study will test whether exercise plus education on aging and health or education about behavioral health improves the ability to move and reduce pain.
Who can participate? You may be eligible if:
- You’re 65 years or older
- Live in King County, WA
- Have a diagnosis of osteoarthritis
- Have knee pain that makes it difficult to walk or go up and down stairs
- Are willing to participate in virtual exercise classes and behavioral health or health education classes*
Study activities include:
- Group-based virtual exercise classes for all ability levels with professional instructors
- Live-streamed 1-hour classes, three times a week for four months
- *All exercise equipment and necessary technology will be provided
- Participants will be randomly assigned to either an aging and health or a behavioral health education program
- 10 live-streamed, 1-hour classes, once a week
- Physical functioning and activity monitoring at three time points; before, immediately after, and six months after completion of classes
Participation is free! The Enhance Fitness, health classes, and technology are included as part of the study. Participants will receive $300 for participating in this study.
To learn if you are eligible or if you have questions, please call: (206) 685-2082 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the PACIFIC study, or to sign up, click here.